Welcome to the website for Cornerstone Community Church. Thanks for taking the time to check out what our church is all about.
When Cornerstone was founded in 2006, it was with the hope that we could provide a non-denominational place of worship in Riverton where the Word of God was central, the community of people genuine, and the mission clear: help reach a broken world with the love, truth, and hope found in Jesus Christ.
We trust you will feel loved and welcome from the moment you walk in the door, and that you will be encouraged to either develop or deepen a relationship with the God who made you, loves you, and desires to have a relationship with you. Our church atmosphere is down to earth, easy-going, and non-formal, yet we treat God’s inerrant Word seriously, looking to it as our ultimate authority for all matters relating to life and belief.
Books / Accounting
What we believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and infallible Word of God, that it is God’s revelation of Himself to mankind, and that it is inerrant in its original languages. As such, it is our ultimate authority for belief and practice.
- We believe there is only one true God, Maker of heaven and earth, and that He exists eternally in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—interrelated and equal in every divine attribute.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is God the Son, that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, lived a perfect and sinless life, and that to save mankind He took upon Himself all our sins and bore them to the cross where He was crucified, that He was raised from the dead on the third day and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father.
- We believe that mankind was created good and upright, but as a result of disobedience to God’s instruction, we fell from innocence, incurring physical and spiritual death, which is separation from God.
- We believe that because all people sin and fall short of God’s glory, we will face eternal separation from God unless we come into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ, that this salvation is a free gift from God which can only be received by faith in Jesus Christ, and that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
- We believe in the ordinance of water baptism by immersion in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; that it is subsequent to salvation and conversion, and that while not a saving ordinance, it is an outward sign of an inward work. We also believe in the ordinance of Communion as a commemoration of the broken body and shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, and of His return, and that all believers in Christ, regardless of denomination, may partake of this ordinance.
- We believe in the Great Commission; that we, as Christians, are to do our part in bringing the Gospel to the world, reaching the lost and teaching as many as possible what it means to be a true disciples of Jesus.
- We believe in the Great Tribulation, the Blessed Hope of the rapture of the saints, and the literal second coming of Christ, which will bring an end to the tribulation and usher in His millennial reign on earth as King of kings and Lord of lords.
- We believe that at the end of all things all people will stand before God to be judged (including the dead, who will have all been resurrected), and that the righteous (those covered by the blood of Christ) will be resurrected unto eternal life, and the wicked (those not covered by the blood of Christ) will be resurrected unto eternal death.
- We believe that according to God’s promise, He will create new heavens and a new earth, where those who have accepted Jesus Christ will dwell with Him forever.